- To provide technical expertise in fungal and bacterial microbiology.
- To participate in entomological, molecular and other research projects within the Crop Protection and Variety Improvement Programme areas.
- To establish, manage and participate in green house, field and laboratory research projects as well as analyse and report on results.
- Integrated pest management with a focus to the African stem borer Eldana saccharina Walker.
- Endophytic entomopathogenic fungal biocontrol with focus to Beauveria bassiana.
- Plant-fungi interaction with focus on Beauveria bassiana and Fusarium and sugarcane plants.
Understanding fungal interactions with Eldana saccharina and sugarcane and the exploitation of these interactions for biological control within IPM.
- MSc. Microbiology (UKZN-PMB)
- BSc. Honours; Microbiology (UKZN-PMB)
- BSc. Biochemistry and Microbiology (UKZN-PMB)