The SASRI Knowledge Hub is divided into the following three parts:
- Keyword Search: allows users to conduct a keyword search across all publications, with the ability to filter the search by publication type
- Publication Types: provides information on the various types of publications
- Document Library: allows users to preview or download electronic versions of our publications from the document library.
Over 140 Information Sheets capturing all SASRI recommendations arising from decades of agronomic research. Information sheets serve as quick reference sources as well as guidelines and advice on the management of the sugarcane crop.
Books and Manuals
These publications contain technical detail on a number of subjects relating to sugarcane agronomy. Subjects covered include soils, varieties, seedcane production, green manuring, eldana control, weeds, diseases and pests. These booklets provide advice and management guidelines for sugarcane farmers.
The collection also includes:
- RD&E communiques containing responses to queries raised by sugarcane growers at annual research seminars
- SASRI Annual Progress Reports
- Booklets of a non-technical and general nature such as the Visitor’s Guide, Careers at SASRI.
A collection of videos providing demonstrations on a variety of agronomic practices. These include harvesting, planting, soil and leaf sampling, cane loading and fertiliser application.
A number of pictorial guides, either in sets or as individual documents, on various subjects relating to sugarcane agronomy. These are available in most instances in both English and isiZulu. A booklet of the entire collection is also available in both English and isiZulu.
Choose a publication type below to view or download documents.
Need a printed version? Most publications are available free of charge to industry members and at a nominal cost to others. See price list.
Contact the SASRI Librarian for further assistance. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Tel: 031 508 7514